by Tarran Carter
Ladies we always expect our husbands to turn it up with flowers, candy, diamonds and love songs. Yes, that’s all good and we deserve that everyday, but let us not forget they need some love too. Why not surprise them on this Valentine’s Day. Wow them this year with your love and thoughts.
It’s 2014, let’s get creative. What does hubby like– what has he hinted about, these are things you can do to make your night romantic and unique.
- Get up early and make a breakfast before work– bring it to him with a rose, card and sweets to start off his day.
- Send a voice message on to his phone with his favorite love song or song that reminds you both of your first date or intimate moment.
- Place a poem on the bathroom mirror and have the bathroom graced with his favorite towel and soap ready for his bath or shower.
- Write in lipstick on the bathroom mirror –I love you, or draw a heart. Remember to leave room for him to see himself shave, etc.
- Place a card with pic (s) of memory lane and write little notes on them. Place it on his car seat. He will see it on his way out for the day.
- Purchase him a gift: jewelry, flowers, candy, cologne (what he always hinted about) and have it placed on the bed when he gets up.
- Fill a jar with Valentine candy and notes for your spouse. Examples of notes are: Good for a back rub, 10 kisses, etc. Notes could also express your love and respect: “I am so glad that God blessed my life with such a great husband like you.” Individually, roll each note and tie it with a ribbon
- Send roses to him at work with a card of why you love him so much and why he has blessed your life.
- Decorate the dinner table with red roses and kisses. Have his favorite dinner ordered or cook it. Watch a romantic move after.
- Turn it up! When he comes home, have on one of his large dress shirts with matching bra & panties. You can even put on matching heels. A Plus–hand him a valentine’s bag with the sexiest underwear for him.
- Without the children, plan for an evening out–candle light dinner, play, or movie.
- Set up lunch a date with spouse. Dress nice (Hair, makeup and his favorite outfit). Call him to let him know you have it all set up. Have a card and roses to give him during lunch.
- If you are separated across the miles, send a care package filled with things that are red.
- Surprise your husband when he comes home from work on February 14. Place a welcome sign on the kitchen table and leave a trail of red foil-wrapped Hershey kisses to your bedroom.
- Line a brown paper bag with red tissue paper. On the outside of the bag write in red–I love you cause you are the sweetest ever. Fill the bag with his favorite candy.
I love it when we can surprise our husbands and do something that is totally out of the box–something that he is not expecting–that’s LOVE.